Clean Streets LA Challenge is Coming Back to WLA
Clean Streets LA Challenge is back for 2017! The program has been rebranded by LA CIty as a 'community beautification program'.
The CSLA program includes:
- Partnering with two other community partners. We are partnered with Councilman Bonin's office and with L.A. Conservation Corps Clean and Green.
- Promote MyLA311. Recruit block captains for street monitoring.
- Documenting the 'before/after' of events--via photos, videos, etc.
- Host a graffiti paint-out
- Develop a 'people street' to bring plazas and parklets (and bike corrals) to the community. http://peoplest.lacity.org/
- Plant a tree. (A suggestion was made to replant trees in the Japanese garden at Stoner Park.)
- Paint a mural.
- Repair our sidewalks.
- Host a community clean-up.
- Plant a community garden.
Last year's applicants were awarded between $500 to $5,000 by the City. The WLASNC was awarded $2,500 for its efforts.
Get the word out and please give us your feedback/suggestions, so we can consider them for inclusion in the program. Let us know, too, if you would like to be a part of the 2017 CSLA team.