8A53 Crime Update
April 1, 2015 thru April 14 , 2015
Remember to ALWAYS lock your car and NEVER leave valuables in view.
Burglary/Theft from motor vehicle
- 03/30/15 1700/0900 0852 11700 Iowa Av Street Cat Converter 04 Camry
- 04/01/15 0620/1130 0841 Wellesley/ Texas Street Cat Converter from Honda Element
- 04/02/15 2000/0800 0841 12000 Rochester Apt Pkg/Unk Laptop, Backpack
- 04/03/15 1500/1000 0852 1700 Armacost Apt Pkg Sunglasses, $200,Phone
- 04/04/15 2200/0800 0852 1500 Brockton Ave Apt Gar/Pry tool Attempt Only unable to open
- 04-07-15 0030/0730 1200 Granville Ave. 0842 Apt. Garage/Unk Tool Computer, Computer bag, Passport
- 04-08-15 1030-1035 11900 Santa Monica Bl. RD 0841 Parking Lot Seatbelt Release
- 04-14-15 1400/1740 11300 W. Olympic Bl. RD 0882 Parking Lot Smashed Gas Card, Gate Keys
Assault With A Deadly Weapon (ADW)
- None Reported
Residential Burglaries Prevention tips--"Don't wait to a be Victim"
Follow the below tips:
- Lock your doors, garage doors, and windows.
- Check all doors and window locks, verify they are working.
- Set your alarm.
- Check your house alarm regularly.
- Ensure the alarm has proper coverage.
- Check or install a house security camera system.
- Keep your property well-lit during the evening and early morning hours.
Always lock your home and business and set your alarm
- 1900 Granville, RD 0881
- MO: Bet 04/03 at 1930 and 04/04 at 0815 suspect(s) opened under secure rear kitchen window, removed TV.
- Prints Y, Video N, DNA N
- 11600 Mississippi, RD 0881 Print Att N, Video N, DNA N
- MO: On 04/02 bet 2000 and 2100 suspect(s) entered SFR via unlocked side window, removed change, bicycle.
- 1200 Barry Ave #4 RD 0842
- MO: On 04/09/15 btwn 0900 & 1400 hours, suspects(s) entered the apartment through the unlocked side window and took electronics, jewelry and a bike, $2,210 loss.
- Bike Desc: Huffy, Black, 24" tires
GTA (Grand Theft Auto)
- 04/03/15 1430/1100 0842 1200 Barry Ave Carport/Unk 2014 M/C Yamaha
- 04/02/15 1430/2220 0851 1500 S. Centinela punched ing 01 Chevy PU
- 04/09/15 1700/1945 0853 Corinth / Santa Monica Bl Street 1999 Toyota Camry
- 04/09/15 1100/1800 0852 1700 Barrington Av Street 2006 Toyota Camry
- 11400 Iowa Ave # Apartment Bike $300.00
- On 4/4/15, 1900 hours to 2200 hours, unknown suspect used unknown cutting tool to remove the victim's bike which was secured to a tree. The suspect fled the location with the victim's bike in unknown direction.
Avoid Bicycle Theft
- Take a quick release front wheel with you or take it off and lock it up to the frame.
- Always lock your rear wheel, frame and front wheel. Cable lock your seat for extra protection.
- Secure the lock tightly. Leave no room for a lever or crowbar to pry the lock open.
- Always take accessories ( lights, bottles, computers, bags, bells, etc) with you or lock them to your bike.
- Use locking skewers and bolts for your wheels, seatpost, headset and brakes.
- Never lock ONLY your front wheel, handlebars, seatpost, top or head tube.
- Don't rely on a bolt or screw to hold down anything - Wrenches and screwdrivers are common tools.
- Park at a bicycle rack signs, fence, light post, parking meters, gas mains, or mature trees.
- Properly secure it to a fixed location that can't be lifted up and away.
- Keep the bike within your view, view of the front door and highly pedestrian traveled area.